Inspiring a lifelong love of learning, Konos provides quality education through a biblical worldview. Our Purpose is to glorify God as we support families who choose to homeschool, and train students to think biblically and critically as we prepare them for higher education and greater influence in the world.
- Knowing God, through Jesus Christ, and submitting to Him and His word, both as an organization and as individuals
- Desiring to give glory to Him rather than to ourselves
- Being a people of grace and love
- Recognizing the dignity of each person as created in God’s image
- Appreciating the distinctiveness of each person (talents, needs, learning styles, etc.)
- Acknowledging that all students and faculty are flawed as a result of the Fall
- Affirming that the remedy for the Fall is expressed in Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Establishing a God-honoring environment of goodness, truth, and beauty in which to learn and grow
- Acknowledging that education is best served within the family and is the primary responsibility of mothers and fathers
Statement of Faith
We believe in one eternal, knowable, sovereign God who exists in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All three persons of the Trinity are uncreated, coeternal, and equal in power, glory, and honor. God has revealed Himself in His creation and most clearly in His word, the holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. The Bible is our final authority in all matters of faith and life. Jesus Christ, the Messiah, is the Son of the Living God- fully man and fully God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died a substitutionary death on the cross, rose from the dead on the third day for the forgiveness of sins, has ascended into heaven, and will return to judge the living and the dead. A person is saved and declared righteous before God through faith and repentance in Christ alone, by grace alone apart from “good works” or any “goodness” in that person. We believe all those who put their trust in Christ are indwelled by the Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 5:21, John 1:1 and 14, 8:58, 10:30, and 14: 6; Heb. 1:3; 2 Tim. 3:16; Gen. 1:26, 3:22; Matt. 28:19, Acts 5:3-4; Mark 1:15; Eph. 2:8-10; Rom. 3; Eph. 1:13-14
Konos Academy is an overtly Christian community, teaching from a distinctly Christian and biblical worldview. We are a community that respects and attempts to follow God’s word, the Bible. Nevertheless, it is a community open to people who do not share our Statement of Faith. Those not holding our Christian convictions understand and accept that the teaching at Konos will be from a Protestant Christian perspective, and every student is expected to abide by the Konos Code of Conduct. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in our admissions policies, scholarship programs, athletic, or other school sponsored programs, We are here to assist and support families. A loving father-mother relationship is ideal for optimal educational achievement. We can best assist you in educating your child when there is a firm, loving home based upon Biblical principles. We encourage biblical counseling for struggling families and are happy to make referrals.
–KONOS ACADEMY Mother