Books by the ThaxtonsAvailable for purchase
Pioneering work by Thaxton, Bradley, Olsen, which paved the way for the Intelligent Design Movement. “…very well thought-out and clearly written analysis of the alternatives to the accepted scientific theory of the origin of life.” — Robert Jastrow, Founder and Former Director of the Goddard Institute of NASA
Learn to Write the Novel Way is a language arts curriculum for grades 5-12 that:
- Teaches all language arts skills in one writing project
- Provides a finished novel for the student’s portfolio
- Is multi-level (review for more advanced students and is introductory for the less proficient in writing skills)
- Reveals the gaps in a student’s writing ability and provides specific practices for areas of weakness
- Motivates students to want to write and write correctly
- Encourages independent work by “nuggetizing” the task into a thirteen-step process
- Is easy to use for the “coach” (teacher/parent) with clear lesson plans
- Can be used with a group
As parent/teacher we refer to you as “coach” since the best way to learn writing is through the coaching process. You will work along with the student to instruct, oversee the practices, and enjoy together the finished writing assignment each week.
Another year-long writing project from Carole Thaxton. Learn language arts while writing your family history.
A one-year project for grades 5-12 that is easy because it is a series of short stories. The stories are based on real facts, so less imagination is necessary. The worktext is divided into 30 steps, which is designed for one step per week, which fulfills requirements for a full year of English composition. Each text has three sections: learn, practice/prepare and apply. If your child can write a short story, he is ready for Write Your Roots. During the year the basic student will write 12 stories that will be revised and tweaked several times for excellent writing. Paperback, 226 pages.